Monday, September 6, 2010

Murder in Dearbornistan

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I was looking at some of the groups I'm part of on Facebook a while ago when I came across this article. It's old news (13 July, 2010), I know, but I was just made aware of it and to tell you the truth, I am not happy and I think everyone out there should feel the same after reading all of the information. I have a feeling I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this if people start reading this blog but hey, if everyone agrees with you then you're not doing a very good job right?

This is just...I don't even know what to call it. Atrocious? For a quick recap of what happened, 30 year old Alexander Tom Yono (a Chaldean, an Iraqi Catholic) was severely beaten by 15 Shi'ite men (some of them boys really, aging from 17 up to their early 20s, from what I can gather). They surrounded him, produced a knife and began their attack. Yono deployed his own blade and fought back, stabbing (which ultimately led to the death of) Mohamad Ali Fouad Abboudd, an 18 or 19 year old Lebanese Shi'ite. Three others were seriously injured in their attack. Abboudd was playing cards when he received a phone call to "come beat up some Chaldeans." According to other card players, he quit the game and left. 15 Muslims against one Chaldean and his girlfriend...sounds like Muslim hate and aggression to me, how about you?

Well, guess what? Yono was charged with second-degree murder, three counts of assault with intent to murder and felonious assault. His trial was last month. And if that's not downright ridiculous and wrong enough, the media provides a very jaded (and false) account, claimed Yono "got aggressive" during the birthday celebration in the bus he was on. To even think about this story being valid...would you go against 15 men, all ten or more years younger than you? Especially in a bus? No!

Here's Yono's booking photograph:



At this time, I am unable to find anything on his trial. I will update with more information if I can find it.



A few of the other media "reports" (links were long, so I shortened them with HTML, click on the link and it will take you directly to the story):
pressandguide.com
clickondetroit.com
downriversundaytimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment